Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 76

76 Parsons Street

76 Parsons Street

76 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built in 1890 and rises three stories to an asphalt roof. A renovation was performed in 2003.

The 1925 City Directory lists John Welch, a porter, as a resident of this house.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows Sam Tefft as the owner of this house.

In 1930 part of this house was rented for $32 a month by Leo McDonald, a 38-year old carpenter from Canada. Leo lived with his 34-year old Canadian wife Nina and their two children: 5-year old Kenneth and 3-year old Margaret. Another part of this house was rented for $38 a month by James McGuire, a 39-year old machinist in a US Army Arsenal. James lived with his 40-year old wife Mary and their six children: 18-year old William, a clerk for a newspaper; 16-year old Mary, a clerk for the telephone company; 12-year old Thomas; 8-year old Grace; 7-year old Jack; and 5-year old Evelyn.

76 Parsons Street
76 Parsons Street
 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us