Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 64

64 Parsons Street

64 Parsons Street

64 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built in 1890 and rises three stories to an asphalt roof.

The 1925 City Directory lists Albert Finnegan, a clerk; Celena Finnegan, a nurse; Herbert Finnegan, an editorial department employee; John Finnegan, a conductor for the Boston Elevated Railroad; Martin Finnegan; and Joseph Finnegan, an assistant manager, as residents of this house.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows W.M. Finnegan, et al as the owners of this house.

In 1930 this house was owned by John Finnegan, a 71-year old from Ireland who worked as a street railway conductor. John lived with his 66-year old Irish wife Winifred and their four children: 39-year old Mary, a collector for a street railway; 35-year old Catherine, a secretary for Goodyear Rubber; 33-year old Joseph, a manager for a truck company; and 27-year old Winifred. The building was valued at $5,000.

64 Parsons Street
64 Parsons Street
 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us