Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 45

45 Parsons Street


View Larger Map

45 Parsons Street

This brick Colonial house was built in 1915 and rises two stories to an asphalt roof.

The 1925 City Directory lists Edward Doody, the captain of Engine 29 for the Boston Fire Department, as a resident of this help.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows E.F. Doody as the owner of this house.

The 1930 Census lists Edward Doody, a 68-year old retiree, as the owner of this house. Edward lived with his 65-year old Irish wife Ellen; 36-year old daughter Margaret Hanley; 35-year old daughter Mary Doody, a clothing designer; 8-year old granddaughter Louise Hanley; and 5-year old granddaughter Virginia Hanley. The building was valued at $6,500.


 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us