Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 28-30

28-30 Parsons Street


View Larger Map

28-30 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built in 1900 and rises three stories to an asphalt roof. A renovation was performed in 2001.

The 1925 City Directory lists James Myett, a gilder; and Patrick Myett, a gasfitter, as residents of 28 Parsons. William DeLacy, insurance, is listed as a resident of 30 Parsons.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows the heirs of William Cochlan as the owners of this house.

In 1930 this house was owned by William DeLacy, a 38-year old insurance salesman. William lived in 30 Parsons with his 37-year old wife Theresa (born in Pennsylvania) and their three children: 11-year old Joan, 9-year old William, and 3-year old Richard. 28 Parsons was rented for $65 a month by Patrick Myett, a 60-year old from French Canada who worked as a gas fitter. Patrick lived with his 61-year old Canadian wife Lena, 26-year old son Frank, a clerk for an automobile company; 21-year old daughter Eileen, a secretary in a candy factory; 30-year old son Harry, a shipper for a printing company; 18-year old son Carroll; 30-year old daughter-in-law Marie (born in Ohio); 39-year old widowed daughter Rita Regan, a Post Office clerk; and 7-year old granddaughter Genevieve Regan. The building was valued at $15,000.


 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us