Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 237-239

237-239 Parsons Street

237-239 Parsons Street

237-239 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built in 1905 and rises two stories to an asphalt roof.

The 1916 Bromley Atlas shows Vie Bumford as the owner of this house.

The 1925 City Directory lists James Doherty, a bookkeeper, as a resident of 237 Parsons. James Campbell, a carpenter; Joseph Campbell, a sailor in the US Navy; Mary Campbell, the widow of Michael Campbell; and William Campbell, a laborer, are listed as residents of 239 Parsons.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows J.C. and M.J. Doherty as the owners of this house.

In 1930 this house was owned by James Doherty, a 42-year old salesman from Canada. James lived in 239 Parsons with his 40-year old wife Margaret (born in Rhode Island) and their five children: 16-year old Helen, 15-year old Margaret, 13-year old Arthur, 9-year old Georgianna, and 6-year old Evelyn. 237 Parsons was rented for $37.50 a month by Joseph O'Brien, a 31-year old clerk. Joseph lived with his 31-year old wife Mary. The building was valued at $12,000.

237-239 Parsons Street
237-239 Parsons Street
 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us