Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 138

138 Parsons Street


View Larger Map

138 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built around 1930 and rises two stories to an asphalt roof.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows Bernard Davis as the owner of a wood frame house that occupied this lot.

In 1930 part of this house was rented for $45 a month by John Sullivan, a supervisor in a rubber plant. John lived with his 38-year old Irish wife Helen and their five children: 12-year old Helen, 10-year old John, 9-year old Dorothy, 7-year old Mary, and 3-year old Madeline. Another part of this house was rented for $45 a month by Albert Keller, a 44-year old auto mechanic. Albert lived with his 40-year old Irish wife Elizabeth and their two daughters: 5-year old Helen and 3-year old Caroline.


 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us