Boston Architecture
Home / Brighton / Parsons Street / 134

134 Parsons Street

134 Parsons Street

134 Parsons Street

This brick multi-family house was built in 1890 and rises two stories to an asphalt roof.

The 1925 City Directory lists George Brock, a salesman; and Charles Davis, as residents of this house.

The 1925 Bromley Atlas shows N. McArthur as the owner of this house.

In 1930 part of this house was rented for $40 a month by Kenneth Mullin, a 28-year old bakery salesman from Canada. Kenneth lived with his 21-year old wife Hazel; 20-year old brother Harry, a bakery salesman from Canada; and his two daughters: 1-year old Joyce and infant Janice. Another part of this house was rented for $45 a month by James MacArthur, a 58-year old from Canada who worked as a laborer for a rubber company. James lived with his 53-year old wife Katherine (born in Ireland) and their three daughters: 26-year old Margaret, a stenographer for the Hood Rubber Company; 22-year old Frances, a bookkeeper for a trucking company; and 19-year old Ruth, a clerk for an insurance company.

134 Parsons Street
134 Parsons Street
 

 

Privacy Policy | Creative Commons | Contact Us